19 Jan Really?! What is Facebook doing to the algorithms now?
Facebook recently announced that it would be introducing changes to its news feed algorithm in the coming year, these changes are to ensuring that posts by friends and family on Facebook appear higher in the news feed.
The changes are intended to maximize the amount of content with “meaningful interaction” that people consume on Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, the company’s man in charge, said in a recent interview.
These changes will be rolled out within the next 6 months, so this gives you time to start looking at making the necessary adjustments to your content and strategy.
So, what do you need to do know?
Be clever with your content and understand what resonates with the consumer and why.
- Keep content interesting so people want to share it – that’s the way to make sure your stuff is going to get seen.
- Expect a drop in organic engagement! Don’t be disheartened by it – but be inspired to work harder (and smarter) to make your content better and more interesting.
- Make sure that your content is always engaging and relevant.
- Big Data will play a more significant role in understanding consumers.
- Advertising will become more targeted over the next couple of months, and thus we need to understand the audience to whom we are marketing to. Do the research and make your money work for you!
- Instagram will grow as Facebook will use this as a major opportunity for broader marketing opportunities. Keep feeds managed and updated.
Zebra 360 Online Marketing understands the significance of these changes and have already taken steps to minimise any impact the algorithms may have on our clients businesses. We will make sure that we stay ahead of the curve on these changes and will keep all our clients updated, on any changes.