06 Oct 8 REASONS WHY YOU HAVE TO USE USER GENERATED CONTENT FOR YOUR CLIENTS
We at Zebra 360 Online have been asked by a few clients why UGC is so vital. Now, we know that User Generated Content should a key element of our marketing strategy for around 80% of clients international – but how do we explain that to someone who has no marketing background?
User Generated Content, commonly know as UGC in the marketing circles, can be anything from an Instagram post you uploaded to your platform, or a shared video snippet of your experience.
WHY WE NEED TO DRIVE USER GENERATE CONTENT ON ALL PLATFORMS
- ‘Free’ Image creation (and sometimes, these are the only new images coming from properties for months)
- UGC is an element of marketing that shows a clear sign of increased engagement on platforms – especially Instagram.
- People love to see their content shared and it’s an easy way to get extra/new engagement on the posts (extra eyes from people who wouldn’t usually have seen your platforms)
- Gives your customer a little ego-boost. It’s a great way of thanking them for sharing their experience with you and others, giving them a little extra exposure and invites others to do that same.
- It’s a nice way to touch base with your consumer after they have left the property
- Using UGC makes you property relevant in today’s society, and make the ‘product’ seem authentic. It shows that people go to you location and enjoy enough to share to the masses.
- Social Media is all about that person contact you have with your client – so if one person sees another person using your product, automatically there will be more chance of them being influenced to do the same.
- Sharing UGC increases the personalisation of your platforms. Where a client may have posted a picture on Instagram for their followers to see, by sharing that same image on all your platforms, you’re sharing a message to all of their followers, on all platforms as well as yours.
HERE ARE SOME GREAT ARTICLES TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT UGC DOES FOR YOUR BRAND
NOTHING SELLS AN IDEA LIKE A GOOD SUCCESS STORIES: